Curry is common among us right? where ever you go~ curry is available all around~ it is not indian food anymore~ haha
i have beed trying this curry for few times and this is the very starting for adam’s recipe~
now~ i shall share my recipe with you~ this is a very simple and easy way of currying !
- chili powder or ready made sambal
- curry powder
- coconut milk or evaporated milk
here we go~
- Cut onion, ginger, garlic and shallots into find cube~ of course~ you can use a blender, pestle and mortar~ try your very all mean to crush them into paste will be best way~ the principle of this~ make these ingredient into smaller pieces so that the fragrance will be better.
- fry the cut ingredient in step 1 with oil~ you may have little more oil ~ it is ok…
- add chili powder or ready made sambal and use slow fire to fry~ otherwise… it get burnt
- add curry powder~
- at this point~ you have to add some water to make the paste smoother ~
- keep on frying with slow fire until the the flavor is out
- ok~ the paste is ready~
- transfer the paste into another pot~
- add more water~
- add into chicken~
- stirring it while cooking~
- now… u can add some coconut milk or evaporated milk or both as you like…
- cook with slow fire again and do not forget to stir~
- add some salt ~
- stir it always and cook for 30 mins or even longer accordingly~
- chicken curry is done~ and ready to serve
ok~ now i explain the priciple behind the curry~ haha~ sound pro huh?
the ratio of garlic, onion, shallot and ginger is basically 1:1:1:1, if you think~ onion and shallots carry same taste~ (shallots are small and little troublesome to peel and wash) , just use onion is ok~ red onion is always better!
the amount of chili powder should be always subjected to what is your level of spicyness~ for adam~ the lesser the better~~ haha
ok, now is the curry powder~ basically~ 1 big tablespoon for 1 person~ if u cook for more than 5 serving~ addition of 1 tablespoon is okay~
coconut milk or evaporated milk? you can always choose the packed coconut milk in the market or those in powder form~ adam likes to use that ~ evaporated milk is another choice~ of course~ coconut milk give thicker taste but evaporated milk is said to be healthier!
other than this~ there are lots more ways of cooking curry in a very simple way~ lets explore~ haha